Saturday 26 December 2020

White Stains - Quarantine (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  Ralph's back with a recommendation we check out White Stains... 

Pittsburgh, here in the US, has always been a hotbed of Punk Rock talent. Maybe it's because they're so far away from the major city area but for years there's been tons of great Punk Rock bands coming out of that area. Let me introduce you all to the White Stains!

This band have absorbed YEARS worth of Punk/Hardcore and filtered it into something new and relevant! Not many bands can do the whole 80's/90's sound and pull it off with integrity. I don't know these guys but I'm pretty sure they grew up listening to the same bands I did. The selling point to this band is their vocalist. He has somehow channelled Darby Crash, Jerry from Poison Idea and Duane Peters when the U.S. Bombs were still an awesome band!

This IS Punk Rock 2020 and if these guys manage to put out an album in 2021 it's gonna kick everyone's ass! I'm SO glad that bands like this still exist.




Check out their excellent new ep, Make Me Sick, here (it's name your price and yeah I know it features 10 tracks but unless you're Circle Jerks, 13 minutes does not an album make!): https://whitestainspgh.bandcamp.com/album/make-me-sick

A song that's perfect for these times of pandemic and disease, this is Quarantine...

No comments:

Post a Comment