Monday 28 December 2020

DIRT BYRDS - Blame (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

    


  When you get tagged on Facebook and click the link to see the following... 

  OMG! Can't believe I just discovered this band at the end of 2020! Top Notch Modern UK Post Punk that puts "IDLES" to shame! THIS IS THE SOUND!

   ... then you pay attention. Especially when it's someone as rabidly keen on punk music as Ralph J Rivera. So I had a listen to the band that had impressed him so much and whilst I'd question as to whether they're post punk (Bandcamp tags them as blues grunge hardcore post-rock punk rock, but hey, who cares about tags) and I'd say that good as Idles are, I actually think Girls In Synthesis are currently the benchmark when it comes to post punk, he's got one thing spot on. DIRT BYRDS (https://www.facebook.com/dirtrockhq) are bloody good and I'm grateful he drew my attention (and now yours) to them.  

  ***Can I just mention that I'm not sure if Ralph has heard the stuff they released before the 2 eps when they were the similarly named Thee Dirt Byrds. More info on that here :  https://timetobeproudrecordsbelfast.com/the-dirt-byrds***

  Over to Ralph... 

  So talk about pressure. Once my brother Mick asks me to write about a UK band HE's never heard of I'm scared! But let me introduce you to one of the best Modern Post Punk bands playing this style these days.

They're called DIRT BYRDS and they're a trio from Bangor, Northern Ireland comprising of Keith Farr, John McLachlan and Ben Simpson.

I stumbled across this band on a Pop Punk comp of all things and discovered that they were SO much more than that. The best modern Post Punk bands can transcend ALL styles and these guys pull that off perfectly! They have 2 amazing EP's out on their bandcamp site (https://dirtbyrds.bandcamp.com/) but this song is from the "Who Made You The Judge" EP and it's called "Blame". Absolutely amazing music that you need to hear and this band are the cutting edge of modern Post Punk!

  This is Blame... 

No comments:

Post a Comment