Sunday 12 February 2023

The OhNos - Kiss the Boot

  


  I'm a bit late to the party with this one as it was released last year but I think it's well worth a place on the blog (and it'll get a play on the show later today).

  It's by a band from Malmo called The OhNos  (https://www.facebook.com/QueensOfTheUnderworld) who've been around since 2014 and it's taken from their 2nd album, Waving From Hades. They mix up elements of alt rock with garage and a little punk and they call to mind a number of other Just Some Punk Songs featured artists such as The Mysterines, Jo-Jo & The Teeth and Soap Girls. The album's available via Beluga Records and you can get it on vinyl https://www.belugarecords.com/products/the-ohnos-waving-from-hades or digital download https://theohnos.bandcamp.com/album/waving-from-hades 

  Great song, cool video, this is Kiss The Boot...

I've been down And I’ve been out Burning holes into my couch Holes into my couch Holes into my couch I've been lost And left for dead Waking up in hotel beds Up in hotel beds Up in hotel beds You say that I am scum That I drag you down into the slum As I fall from grace You fall to your face And while you’re down there, why don’t you Kiss the boot I've been betting high and low And losing every game Hun, it's such a shame Hun, it’s such a shame Maybe i should just give up Accept all work, no play But honey, not today Honey, not today! You say my voice is too loud I maintain you’re just too proud Now you’re crawling on all fours Cos sobriety is such a bore And while you’re down there, Why don't you kiss the boot Kiss the boot…

1 comment:

  1. I love this band. I live in Malmö, and this is (one of) the first band(s) I can really relate to. High energy, and wonderful personalities. They’re amazing.

    ReplyDelete