Thursday 2 February 2023

Nervous - Silenced ( Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  

  Okay it's 2023 and most of the people I know that write about music have been saying the same thing over & over for years - What the Hell is going on in Australia? They're pumping out great bands from every genre nearly monthly. Well here's a new one you're gonna want to check out. "Nervous" from Perth, Aus (https://www.facebook.com/NervousPerth/) have tapped into something different than all the others. Sorry I couldn't find any info on band members names even on their FB page but they've been putting out music since their 2021 self titled EP. As I told Mick, this is a band that is completely in my wheelhouse. They combine the classic 80's SoCal Punk sound with Goth/Death Rock influences. And you just KNOW they have a kick ass female lead singer! Personally they remind me of LA legends "Red Scare" but brought into modern times. They just dropped a new album on January 31st called "Ruined" on their Bandcamp page :  https://nervous2.bandcamp.com/album/ruined

  I'm hoping somebody decides to do a vinyl pressing because this is one of those records you'd crank over and over again. Opening with their style defining song "Silenced" you get the best of both worlds - Goth & Punk. After that it's a barrage of Punk bangers until they go into full blown "Death Rock" mode on "Change". A beautiful song straight out of 1982 in 2023! Finishing with 2 more up tempo jams this is gonna be a contender in my end of the year lists. Modern day classic and definitely check out the EP also because there's some great songs on that one too especially "Talk", a song I can relate to completely. 

  Well here's my pick, the lead off song "Silenced" which is total perfection...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment