Monday 13 February 2023

OC Rippers - Public Scene (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  As always I gotta thank the most honorable Mr. Mick Fletcher for always allowing me to help support my thriving New Jersey Punk scene. I've written about the OC Rippers many times before. I've been their #1 supporter since the first time I saw them. I've known 2 of the members since they were teenagers and playing in local Punk bands. I've been lucky enough to have seen some of the best bands to ever come out of our beloved "Jersey Shore" scene. Adrenalin OD, Bouncing Souls, Turning Point, Underdog, Lifetime, The Ergs and especially Night Birds. NJ is a close knit community and most of us have known each other forever. It's crazy in this modern world but some of us have been friends for 30-40 years! So... back to the OC Rippers.

  The first time I saw these guys it was like watching the "New Bomb Turks" back in the late 90's. Pure energy and full tilt ROCK AND ROLL. They are Lyle Delmeier on vocals, Robert Goodson on bass, Chris Burmeister on drums and Johnny Giordano on guitar. 4 guys that LIVE Punk/Rock & Roll.

  Their new album "Happy Hours Air Travel" https://ocrippers.bandcamp.com/album/happy-hours-air-travel-club is the culmination of endless practice, live shows and precise knowledge of the past. Their last album "Wasteland Blues" was just a warm up for this one. Songs like "Touch", "Money Bands", and "Late Night TV Lover" show just how much they've grown. Johnny's guitar playing is spectacular on this record. I can't wait to see these new songs live and as always - OC Rippers will steal the show.

  My highlight song is "Public Scene". One of their best Punk Rock jams yet! Thank you guys for bringing REAL Rock & Roll back and a huge thank you to guitarist Johnny for personally delivering the vinyl copy #1 to me. LISTEN! ENJOY!...

1 comment: