Monday 28 June 2021

Descendents - Like The Way I Know

  


  I think it's fair to say that the upcoming new Descendents (https://www.facebook.com/thedescendents) album, 9th & Walnut (“9th & Walnut is where our first practice room was, in Frank’s sister’s garage,”), is shaping up very nicely indeed. It'll be their 8th studio album and it'll be out on July 23rd on Epitaph Records. It'll contain 18 tracks (lucky us!) written by the band between 1977 and 1980 and recorded over two time periods (first in 2002, and again in 2020). Many are previously unreleased (including a cover of the Dave Clark Five's Glad All Over) but there's also re recordings of Ride The Wild & It's A Hectic World. Best of all, it's the first time that the classic line up of Milo Aukerman (vocals), Tony Lombardo (bass), Frank Navetta (guitar) & Bill Stevenson (drums) have recorded together since the 1996 album Everything Sucks. 

  They gave us a taste of what to expect with Baby Doncha Know then released an even better song (Nightage). Now we're treated to another glorious sub 60 second blast of premium punk rock. The bar has been set high and I'm sure they're gonna deliver. 


  This track originally appeared on The Blasting Room comp in 1999 and was a studio outtake from the Milo Goes To College sessions. It's titled Like The Way I Know... 

When I walk down the street people can’t resist to stare I don’t exist and I’m not really there Getting scared, I wanna get outta here Cuz people ‘round here ain’t like the way I know Like the way I know Tired and sick, I wanna get outta here Cuz people ‘round here ain’t like the way I know

No comments:

Post a Comment