Tuesday 8 June 2021

Das Kapitans - Old But Still Handsome

  

  Some of you will no doubt be fans of an excellent song that was released earlier this year by Benidorm 3 piece Futhermuckers (https://www.facebook.com/futhermuckersrock). It's a bouncy upbeat pop punk tune about the plight of the middle aged man. It was on the Futhermuckers impressive debut ep which you can find here : https://futhermuckers.bandcamp.com/album/futhermuckers-ep 

  Another new band that I'm sure you're also familiar with is Das Kapitans (https://www.facebook.com/daskapitans). They're the Norfolk duo (Stephen Potter & Simon Bailey) who rather than sit around kicking their heels whilst their other band Fuzz And The Felts were forced into a spell of downtime by the pandemic decided to create another outlet for their music. And then, crazily, they announced they were going to record and release a new album every month during 2021. We've already had 6 albums (plus a few extra releases!) and you can find them here : https://daskapitansband.bandcamp.com/


  They might be running out of ideas for album titles as July's will be titled Seven. What they definitely aren't running out of is great songs. I'm very grateful that they sent me the album ahead of it's supposed July 1st release date (the date isn't set in stone as they say that chances are they'll release it early again like they did with last month's). What can you expect from Seven? They've promise that this time around it's gonna be out and out energetic catchy punk. They ain't fibbing. My first listen suggests it's probably my favourite one yet. 

  And another massive thanks to them for letting me share the Futhermuckers cover with you. This is Old But Still Handsome... 

I'll never do a full marathon again I can't climb trees like I did when I was ten I won't play football and I hardly ever dance If I go to the gym then I'm taking a chance Knees hurt, backache, I think I'm done I may be old...... but I'm still handsome. Ain't got a body like Adonis like I used to have Most of my muscle has gone to flab I shave my head, cause my hair don't grow And I can't get up if I bend too low Knees hurt, backache, eyesight´s gone I may be old... But I'm still handsome. I may be old but I'm still handsome I may be old but I'm still handsome I may be old but I'm still handsome I may be old but I'm still handsome My chest had dropped down to my belly My feet have got corns and they're smelly I don't eat healthy, I do booze and drugs Got no dress sense, I look like a thug Maybe a little overweight, and then some I may be old..... But I'm still handsome. Knees hurt, backache, I think I'm done I may be old.....but I'm still handsome. I may be old but I'm still handsome


3 comments:

  1. im torn on which version i like better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mick and Thank you Das Kapitans for doing such a great version of our song.

    ReplyDelete