Saturday 15 June 2019

Dress Up - Green Room

 
(photo : Renate Winter)
 
  The song I'm posting today is by a band called Dress Up, the song's called Green Room and it's from an upcoming album called The Big One. I was struggling to find anything about them but noticed the person who put the song on Youtube also posted videos by Aussie skate punks Children of Finland Fighting in Norway (C.O.F.F.I.N.). I then discovered C.O.F.F.I.N. were touring with Austin, Texas hardcore skate punks Dress Up. Adding 2 + 2 together I worked out Dress Up are Alex Bond (vocals), Anthony Sardella (guitar), Max Fitzgibbon (bass) and JoJo Williamson (drums). They've already released an album and a single and you can find them here  https://dressup69.bandcamp.com/  Thinking it'd be cool to eliminate the masculine vibe you'd expect in this type of music they started dressing up in women's clothing whilst playing shows.

  Is the song about the celebrity waiting room where they sit and sup drinks whilst waiting to perform? Maybe it's about the 2015 movie where a touring punk band are attacked by nazi skinheads? To be honest I haven't got a clue, it might be about something completely different. The music's pounding hardcore and the lyrics are to a large part indistinct though from what I can make out it goes I see you every day, you don't know what to say BLAH BLAH BLAH... Baby in the green room BLAH BLAH, Baby in the green room BLAH BLAH, Baby in the green room BLAH BLAH, Baby in the green room... 

  It clocks in at around 78 seconds and it's great.

  This is Green Room...

No comments:

Post a Comment