Ever since those days I've soaked up a hell of a lot of great music (and quite a lot of rubbish), from punk, through goth, c-86 type indie and then thanks to the internet, finding a whole world of previously undiscovered sounds.
Anyway, it's my birthday so the latest top 10 selection is chosen by me. I'm not in a band (no musical talent whatsoever resides within me), neither am I a decent writer but it's my party and I'll compile a chart if I want to. It's not full of exciting new stuff that you haven't heard before, it's just a collection of the songs I've probably stuck on more mixtapes down the years than any other songs. Songs that I never tire of listening to. Songs that are (to my grizzled old ears) classics. Thanks for reading, enjoy the important part, the songs.....
1) The Clash - Stay Free
2) The Clash - (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais
3) Stiff Little Fingers - Wasted Life
4) Buzzcocks - What Do I Get
5) The Wedding Present - Once More
6) Husker Du - Books About UFO's
7) Talulah Gosh - Bringing Up Baby
8) The Lillingtons - X-Ray Spex
9) Snuff - Dicky Trois
10) My Bloody Valentine - Strawberry Wine