Sunday 30 November 2014

Forgotten Rebels - I Think Of Her

 
A classic oldie today, from one of Canada's greatest punk bands. The Forgotten Rebels got together back in '77, they hail from Hamilton, Ontario and despite many line up changes, they're still together. Still featuring vocalist and founder member Mike Grelecki (aka Mickey DeSadest), they are rounded out by Jeffrey Campbell (guitar), Shawn Maher (bass) and Dan Casale (drums). Today's song was on their debut album, In Love With The System, which was released in 1980 on Star Records. As well as DeSadist, other band members at the time were Ali McCombo (guitar), Pogo Au Gogo (bass) and Larry Electrician (drums). One of punk's best, this is I Think Of Her.......

Every time I think of her, I close my eyes.
She was a velvet doll, she was a punk rocker. 
When I walked off stage I fell in love with her.
I stared at her from across the bar - I want her near to me.
So close and dear to me.
Later that night she asked me home, so I took her home well where we were all alone.

I think of her, when she's not around.
I think of her, when she's in the underground.
I think of her, when she's not in town.
I think of her.

I held her tight as she clutched my hand.
Can you understand? I gotta be her man.
She became special to me just in a night.
You see the dreams we shared, the dreams we had.
Then for awhile, for about a week we played a silly adult game of hide and seek.
But now I gotta have that girl to hold me tight forever. Baby!

I think of her, when she's not around.
I think of her, when she's in the underground.
I think of her, when she's not in town.
I think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment