Saturday 28 November 2015

Second Youth - Glass Roof


  Today's song caught me somewhat by surprise in as much as I was reading various bits and pieces online whilst at the same time flicking through a bunch of new videos in the hope that I'd find a few good songs to add here. To be honest, I wasn't overly concentrating on the music and the song that I'm posting today initially just acted as background music, gradually though during it's run time I found myself paying more and more attention, hoping it'd finish so that I could replay it again and listen properly. Play it again I did, and again. And again. It's a deceptively catchy little devil that burrowed it's way into my brain and stuck there. It ain't particularly fast, it ain't aggressive, it's just a great, melodic, slowburn of a track that makes me want to hear more from the band.

  The band? That'd be Second Youth. New to me and possibly to many of you. As of this moment, I've only heard the one track from them and know very little but here goes.....

  Featuring members based in London, Cagliari and Berlin (who are ex and current members of The Legacy, Gold Kids, Runes and Miles Away), they're about to release a debut 3 track ep on Uncle M Records featuring the songs Glass Roof, Keep On Dreaming and How It Was. They only began as a band earlier this year after friends Dick Smith and Andre Suergiu, nostalgic for the bands they grew up listening to, decided it was time they put their own spin on what was a golden era for punk music (think 90's era Fat Wreck and Epitaph).

  As well as being a musician, Dick Smith is also a successful graphic designer who's work can be checked out here : http://dicksmithdesigns.tumblr.com/

  This is Glass Roof.....  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment