Friday 12 April 2024

Neon Kittens - Don't Get Me Started

  


  Maybe you remember New Years Eve 2023. It was the 10th anniversary of Just Some Punk Songs and it was the day I first featured a song by York band Neon Kittens (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088163643448). I commented; "they're a band that are unlikely to ever be part of the mainstream, they very much dance to their own beat." 
  Well that sentiment is front and center of the opening track of the band's new album. These are the lyrics : 

Don't even get me started on that you might never get me to stop don't get me started on that oh boy, you'd better not we are so underground that it's insane no one listens to us no one knows our name don't even say that to me you know that just pisses me off I'm looking through windows, opening doors and now I just need to stop we are so, underground that it's just mad gonna dig down deeper than we ever have


It pretty much sums up what it's like being outside the mainstream and it's a fine start to a very fine album. 

  The album's titled It's a NO Thing! It's 14 tracks of spoken word quirkiness and it's available from Metal Postcard Records...


  Hopefully songs like this will lead to at least a few more people knowing their name, this is Don't Get Me Started... 

No comments:

Post a Comment