Saturday 6 April 2024

Jesse - Gone Fishing

    


  Can I take it as given that you all love Leatherface? Do we all agree that their 1991 album Mush is one of the greatest of all time? Good, then you'll also love today's song. 

  Jesse were a trio originally featuring Frankie Stubbs, Peter "Spud" Shields and Colin Cumpson (who was later replaced by Leighton Evans). They were active in the mid to late '90s and released a few eps and a self titled album on Rugger Bugger discs. 

  They don't get the recognition that Leatherface still do but they were bloody good and their reputation will only be enhanced by the new reissue of their complete discography on double vinyl lp by Little Rocket Records and Rad Girlfriend Records. I've long thought Frankie Stubbs was one of this country's greatest ever vocalists and this collection goes a long way towards proving that claim. 



  This song is a thing of beauty. It's called Gone Fishing...

LORD AND LADY MUCK AGAIN ESPECIALLY WANT ME TO BE LIKE OPEN SESAME A SEESAW OF A STINKING BORE THAT WILL CHANGE LIKE YOU CHANGE THAT DRESS HAVE I REALLY COME TO THIS? ARE YOU MISSING ME? WHILE YOU'RE KISSING THEM DO YOU SAY THE RIGHT NAME? WHEN THE DAY FINALLY ENDS DO YOU LIE AWAKE? WONDERING IF YOU'VE LOST A BEST FRIEND WHATEVER! I'VE GONE FISHING BUYING SECURITY THINGS SWEARING DOWN ON YOUR LOVED ONES AGAIN THEY SHOULD'VE DIED SOME TIME SINCE IS THERE NOTHING SACRED IN THIS SUPERFICIAL AND FABRICATED MORNING AFTER AT LEAST I'VE NOT COME TO THIS ARE YOU MISSING ME? WHILE YOU'RE KISSING THEM DO YOU SAY THE RIGHT NAME? WHEN THE DAY FINALLY ENDS DO YOU LIE AWAKE? WONDERING IF YOU'VE LOST A BEST FRIEND WHATEVER! I'VE GONE FISHING I'M DYING BECAUSE YOU WANT ME TO BE ANYTHING BUT ME I'M AT FAULT A LOT SO THERE'S ALWAYS HANDS TO WASH AT LEAST I'VE NOT COME TO THIS I'M AT FAULT A LOT

No comments:

Post a Comment