Monday 8 April 2024

The Pill - Worms (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  The Pill (https://www.facebook.com/ThePillOfficial/) from Frankfurt, Germany first appeared as a mystery. Out of nowhere their video for "Government Whore" dropped on Youtube. I was completely floored! Who were this band with this incredible singer. Try "Googling" The Pill LOL! Luckily a second video appeared for the song "Salaryman", just as blistering but with more structure. Now I did what I do best and dug deeper to find out they had an upcoming record coming out on "Sounds Of Subterrania" Records. https://shop.soundsofsubterrania.com/produkt/the-pill-hollywood-smile/

  Well yesterday it finally dropped and this is everything I thought it would be and more. Guitarists Phillip & Tobias, bassist Jan, drummer Sascha and the best female Punk singer in ages, the goddess Sam, have saved the world with this 10 song masterpiece called "Hollywood Smile". This my friends is why we still listen to Punk Rock.  



  They have a serious early Black Flag sound but with a more modern take on it. Kinda like another favorite band of mine The Side Eyes. Blasting right off with the opening cut "Switch" you're in for some Old School California Hardcore played by some German scene veterans.

  The 2 singles are included plus 8 new ones that slither around your brain and will have you shouting "I AM A GOD"!!! I am completely in love with their singer Sam who is like some broken fairy here to lure you into her world. Remember Katie Jane from "Daisy Chainsaw"? Yeah she's THAT kinda kool!

Since yesterday I've listened to this album six times already and this is hands down my pick for "Punk Rock Album Of The Year". I'd advise you to listen too :  https://thepill.bandcamp.com/album/hollywood-smile-2

  It's hard to pick a favorite song but for today I'm picking the rager "Worms". Pogo/Slam Accordingly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment