Monday 8 August 2022

Tite Nauts - Antifas On Your Lawn

  

  Here's a fun little song which went down well in the chatroom when I played it on this week's Just Some Punk Songs show. It's by a band that's new to me from Chico, California. They're called Tite Nauts (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070132863900) and they line up with Robin (Vocals), Nate (Drums), Josh (Guitar) & Greg (Bass). According to Bandcamp, Robin and Josh were in Black Fork whilst Nate was a member of Giant Haystacks (though I've not had the pleasure of those bands). They're described as playing grungy punk that sounds like The Avengers merged with L7 with more than a hint of the new wave of British heavy metal. 

  They've just released a debut album, it's titled Denim & Smoke and it's available as a cassette and digital download via Dirt Cult Records of Portland, Oregon (a damn fine label that I'm sure you're all familiar with). https://dirtcultrecords.bandcamp.com/album/denim-smoke

  It's 10 tracks, highlights include Gender Reveal, Calling In Dead and Die (So That We Can Breathe) but if pushed I'd say my favourite is Antifas On Your Lawn...

1 comment: