Sunday 28 August 2022

Hedges - Ally

  


  The latest awesome new band off the Aussie conveyor belt of killer punk music? Meet Hedges.

  I know pretty much nothing about them except that they're a "3 piece garage punk band from Brisbane, Australia whose music is mostly about sex and the housing market."  Last December they poked their heads above the parapet with a single called No Parties which was a fantastic calling card about killjoy neighbours. 

  That song now graces a debut ep titled Super Ultra Mega Hedges. And super, ultra, mega it is!

  It kicks off in style with Beaches, a track about the housing market and aspiring to relocate to somewhere nicer. It's a monster of a song and it'll feature on this week's Just Some Punk Songs show. Next up is the track you'll find below, this one's about losing touch with your friends due to an over possessive partner. More girlfriend problems follow as we're introduced to Camilla whilst track 4 is about being way too drunk; so drunk you can't even text your friends to come take you home. 

  It's a brilliant debut. Snotty, packed with youthful exuberance and very catchy indeed. I look forward very much to hearing more. You can find it here : https://hedgesband69.bandcamp.com/album/super-ultra-mega-hedges 

  This is Ally...

Ally gets me fucked up I'm thinking with two heads She gets me off and says I can't be out past ten I don't mind spending my time with her but I'm Starting to lose my head Cause my friends all pay me out and say I'm dead She's got me By the balls Please let go Ally please let go of my fucking balls Was meant to be a boys night Ally said I need to get my shit right Its alright, I'll go out next week Or maybe next month, if she lets me My friends say hey mate Haven't seen you since the start of the new year Well I say, fuck them They don't give me (emotional support like ally) She's got me By the balls Please let go Ally please let go of my fucking balls I'm whipped, and bored my nuts are sore Ally, I can't take no more I'm whipped and bored, I'm whipped and bored Ally please let go of my fucking balls She's got me By the balls Please let go Ally please let go of my fucking balls

No comments:

Post a Comment