Sunday 12 June 2022

Manarovs - The Same Sky (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  It's been a minute and I was waiting to write about something that would totally blow me away. Well that day has come! Manarovs (https://www.facebook.com/Manarovs) from Savannah, Georgia USA have finally dropped their much anticipated (at least by me) debut album. Their line up features Captain P. (Bass/Vocals), Double-Oh Two-Names (Guitar/Vocals), C.I.Dave K.G.Barker (Guitar) & Handsome Bill (Drums).

   After leaking a couple tracks over the months these guys know how to build hype. So HOW good is this? Let's just say that little "SciFi Horror Pop Punk" niche group can now add another member. Up there with the likes of the Lillingtons/TBR, Covert Flops, Horror Section, Proton Packs and Zoanoids. This is 15 tracks of Saturday Morning Horror Movies, Spy Noir and even a couple love songs. Every one of these songs is a banger but I'm gonna tag their video for "The Same Sky".



  Digital available through their Bandcamp : https://manarovs.bandcamp.com/album/manarovs and multiple variations of vinyl available through the always excellent Mom's Basement Records! 

  Enough of my words, watch the video, and get this album ASAP. You NEED this in your life!

  The Same Sky...

With a pain in my heart And a lump in my throat I look you in the eye Knowing that I have to go I hope to see you again But I just don’t know The assignment starts now They’re waiting down below I’ll travel the whole world over One mission followed by the next I’ll cross over every ocean Dreaming of seeing you again Wherever I go Whatever they make me do Every second that I have Will be spent thinking of you Not supposed to fall in love I’ll keep it secret until I die When you look up at the stars I’ll be looking at the same sky They’ll send me to every corner of the world They’ll make me do things no one should do I will forever hide the fact that you’re my girl I’ll spend all my time just missing you I’ll clean up their messes They will never know I’ll dream of your kisses So hold me tight before I go

No comments:

Post a Comment