Sunday 29 September 2019

Loretta - Jeans Too Tight



  Damn, such a good record but aside from a Bandcamp link, I can't find any other info anywhere. Time for a couple of paragraphs of waffle....

  So over the weekend I was listening to Paul Jones' "half assed attempt at a radio show." An excellent hour long run through of some of the best music around. The show's titled Punk Rock Garage Sale and Paul plays very cool bands such as Booji Boys, Trampoline Team, TV Crime, Judy And The Jerks etc plus loads that haven't featured on this blog many of which are new to me. I highly recommend you check it out https://www.mixcloud.com/mrpij/octobers-punk-rock-garage-sale/

  Anyway, one of the bands that I was unfamiliar with are a 4 piece from Boston. They're called Loretta and feature a line up of Iain (guitar), Francesca (guitar/vocals), Venessa (bass/vocals) and Mary (drums/backup vocals). Not sure how long they've been together but as they've only one release on Bandcamp I'm guessing not long. That release is a 6 track ep titled Bleach My Brain and it's very good. Shouty female fronted punk with plenty of energy dealing with topics like bumping into your ex and their new girlfriend, no more ms nice girl, wanting to be left alone, being skint and the need to stop worrying about it, wanting someone to go the fuck away... Snap it up name your price here :   https://lorettaboston.bandcamp.com/album/bleach-my-brain

  And then there's this one. It's called Jeans Too Tight....

Dentist said I’d look alright if it wasn’t for my smile
I don’t smile anyways, so how about my scowl?
I could stare into the mirror til I can’t stand my face
But I’m going out tonight, I ain’t got no time to waste

Going out tonight, with my jeans too tight
Going out tonight, with my hair up high
Going out tonight, bad teeth & dirty boots
Going out tonight, looking for you!

The doctor said I could stand to lose a few
The charts say that he’s right but I got better things to do
I could stare into the mirror til I can’t stand my face
But I’m going out tonight, I ain’t got no time to waste

My family said I’d look alright if it wasn’t for my style
I don’t see em anyway so look who’s in denial
I could stare into the mirror til I can’t stand my face
But I’m going out tonight, I ain’t got no time to waste


No comments:

Post a Comment