Saturday 2 March 2019

This Means War - Pressure

 

  One good thing about having a chatroom for the Just Some Punk Songs show is that I can get instant feedback for the songs I play. I think it's fair to say that one of the bands that have had the best response so far this year is This Means War! I've played a few songs from their recent Heartstrings album and would have featured something on here a while ago but I've been hanging on waiting for them to release a video. As nothing's been forthcoming yet I've decided to go with what's available as it's a great song and the band need to be on here.

   A 5 piece from The Lowlands (Belgium/The Netherlands), This Means War! features members of Discipline, Hidden Guns, Superhero and Convict. Lining up with Bert Van Dyck (vocals), Robbie Jennekens (guitar), Dave Moors (guitar), Carlo Geerlings (bass) and Dries Van Dyck (drums) they're influenced by the likes of Street Dogs, Cock Sparrer, Agnostic Front, Old Firm Casuals etc. Street punk singalongs with intelligent lyrics and plenty of bite.

  They came to my attention in 2017 when I heard Sailing Anarchy from their debut ep so I suspected Heartstrings would be good. Having played it several times now, good doesn't do it justice. You can pick it up from the ever reliable Pirates Press Records :  http://shop.piratespressrecords.com/products/631694-this-means-war-heartstrings-lp-cd

  For more info click here : https://www.thismeanswarpunk.com/

  The song I'm featuring today is a good representation of the album, it's catchy as hell whilst not sacrificing the energy or grittiness this genre needs. It's a tale of how life can get relentless, how no one understands or cares about your problems. The pressure's building and there's no release. This is Pressure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment