Wednesday 13 March 2019

Clowns - I Wanna Feel Again



  No strangers to this blog, Clowns are the Melbourne 5 piece that formed in 2009 and who seem to get better with every release. This bodes well for their upcoming 4th studio album which is called Nature/Nature and which is due for a 12th April release on Damaged Records (Aus/NZ) and Fat Wreck Chords (everywhere else). They've already fired up our expectations with a track called Prick and now they've teased out a new single (see below). You can pre order the album here :  https://damagedmusic.com.au/clowns/ or here : https://clownsband.bandcamp.com/album/nature-nurture

  The band line up with Stevie Williams (vocals), Jake Laderman (drums), Jarrod Goon (guitar), William Robinson (guitar) and Hanny J (bass/vocals). You can get more details here :  https://www.facebook.com/clownsband/

  Titled I Wanna Feel Again, the single starts slowly but soon moves up through the gears and morphs into a more familiar rocking sound. The production is slick but not too slick. It's a "poignant tale of perseverance" about battling on through mental health struggles. It' s about how you're told to avoid the kind of environments where your issues thrive but how the most unsafe place is often at home, alone with your thoughts.

  One can only conclude the album is going to take the band to a whole new level...

I wake up everyday with a hole in my head and chest.
I needa feel something so I burn my arm on a cigarette, but if you said you were cold, I’d set myself on fire and try and use your existence to feel inspired, once again. You know I hate your guts, but you’re my one true friend? I swear I won’t give up, I wanna feel again. I went and saw my GP and they said my brain has a cold, try to get some rest and use this medicine to make the feelings go. They told me ‘Stevie, your issues will amplify, if you continue to allow environments where they thrive.’ You know I hate your guts, but you’re my one true friend? I swear I won’t give up, I wanna feel again. Don’t hang out in wrong crowds or walk around at night, I was taught. But, there is irony in that I’m most unsafe at home with my own thoughts. You know I hate your guts, but you’re my one true friend? I swear I won’t give up, I wanna feel again. I’m sitting up on my roof, looking out over Brunswick Street, and looking down, wondering… Hoping… Tomorrow will come and get me outta my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment