Sunday 20 January 2019

TORSO - Sick Of Fighting



  TORSO are a D-Beat, hardcore punk band based in Oakland, California and featuring a line up of Mae (vocals), Giacomo (drums), Jasmine (bass) and Ktru (guitar). They went down a storm when I played them on last night's Just Some Punk Songs show so I'm posting a different track today. It's taken from explosive new ep Build And Break (their first release since 2015's Sono Pronta a Morire album) and you can get it on 7" vinyl (green or pink) from Revelation Records http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&BandId=10974 or digitally :  https://torsoxvx.bandcamp.com/album/build-and-break

  They aren't for the faint of heart, the 4 tracks on the ep are passionate, ferocious and to the point. 7 minutes of blistering noise that pummel your senses. The lyrics seem to involve a lot of soul searching and inner conflict, I'm guessing spitting them out is pretty cathartic and nothing was left in the recording studio.

  This is the closing track on the ep, Sick Of Fighting...

Another year has come and gone. This battle feels like it's already lost. Slipping away, and there's no escape. Wake up in a dark place.

Endless road.
Suffer and abuse.
My time has come.
I see no use.

Another year has come and gone. I'm crawling at the bottom, and there's no relief.

Endless road.
Suffer and abuse.
My time has come.
I see no use.

Another year has come and gone. This battle feels like it's already been lost.

Endless road.
Suffer and abuse.
My time has come.


No comments:

Post a Comment