Tuesday 6 February 2018

Dboy - Three Piece Band

 

  A couple of days ago I received a message from Moscow resident Kirill Kutchokokov pointing me in the direction of a new live album by a band called Dboy. I always have mixed feelings about these type of messages as I only want to post songs I like on this blog but I don't like saying no to people as it's only my opinion and everyone's tastes are different (and any music I don't like tends to be more sucessful than the music I do). Fortunately I enjoyed their album (which unfortunately for them probably means they will never hit the mainstream, but that's the mainstream's loss).

  Anyway, their album... It's called Prove Your Love - Live In Belem. As the title suggests, it was recorded live in Belem, Brazil, in front of a rabidly enthusiastic audience and it was mastered by fellow countryman Boris Diakov. According to Bandcamp it's The most important album of recent history, so check it out....  https://proveyourlove.bandcamp.com/releases

  What else can I tell you about them?  To me they sound very much influenced by both The Ramones and The Spits, they're a 3 piece, they seem to have formed late last year, they've a website (join their fan club today and receive their love  https://www.dboylove.com/ ). and they've a few gigs coming up in Canada where they'll be playing with bands of the calibre of Ancient Shapes, First Base, Flesh Rag and School Damage.

  Any stories you may hear about them being from Canada or their album not being live are very definitely fake news and should be dismissed.

  From Prove Your Love, this is called Three Piece Band.....



No comments:

Post a Comment