Saturday 3 February 2018

CASTRO - Personal Question



  As with last year, in order to try and ensure the Just Some Punk Songs end of year chart doesn't miss anything out, I've created a Best of folder in which I'll add songs from throughout 2018 that make me go WOW! Then come December I'll visit that folder to try and sort out a Best of chart. One song that has gone straight into that folder is the one you're getting posted today.

  CASTRO are a fairly new Norwegian band featuring members that have previously been in the likes of Angor Wat, Israelvis, Life But How To Live It, The School, Funny Farm etc. Those members are Katja Benneche Osvold (vocals), Viggo Mastad (guitar), Morten Skjørholm (guitar), Karl-Martin Hoddevik (bass) and Jens-Petter Wiig (drums). They released their debut album, The River Need, in 2014 and you can find it along with their 3 eps here :  https://castrotheband.bandcamp.com/ 

  Later this month they will be releasing their new album, titled Inf*.idelity it'll be available on vinyl and cd on their own Kong Tiki label and also on top UK label Boss Tunage. You can get more details and check out a couple of tracks here :   https://bosstuneagerecords.bandcamp.com/album/infidelity

  The lead track of the recent Personal ep will also appear on the new album. They've just released a video for it. When my other half watches mainstream shows on tv such as The X Factor, The Voice etc she's not always impressed when I wander off to do other stuff. She's not always impressed when I criticise the acts on those shows. She quite probably won't be impressed with the song you'll find below. But to me, this is how music should be, vibrant, exciting and passionate. I love this song, I love the video, it gives me the sort of buzz that mainstream music never does. In an alternate universe somewhere maybe a Simon Cowell doppelganger is salivating over this song.

 This is Personal Question....



No comments:

Post a Comment