Tuesday 10 May 2022

I Will Take You Hunting - Stop The Rot!

     

  

     Stand up and be counted...
     Right now!


  If you listened to the Just Some Punk Songs show last month (https://www.mixcloud.com/mick-fletcher/just-some-punk-songs-170422/) you may have heard me play the title track of the new album by Scots grunge punk duo I Will Take You Hunting (https://www.facebook.com/iwtyh/). 

  The album's got a rather wonderful title, it's called Don't go to bed mad, stay up and fight all night and I've revisited it this week for more listens and it's very good indeed. The band is comprised of Dave Martin (guitars/drums) and Steve Simms (vocals) and they describe their music as "Feelgood anarchy" & "Raw, righteous rage." The 11 tunes on the album chronicle the world they see today. There is anger and vitriol but their message is love and positivity, and big heavy grooves.

   Many albums load the best songs towards the front to draw you in and by having the song I'm highlighting below plus the aforementioned title track at 2 and 3 it was tempting to think these guys were doing just that... but the hits just kept on coming until we got to the back end... tracks 9, 10 &11 (Knickers, Lay Down Your Guns, Is It OK?/Toxic Culture). Remarkably they finished things off every bit as powerfully they started. 

  I haven't seen any reviews of this album so I'm not sure if everyone else (or no one at all!) is reminded of early Stranglers by Steve's vocals. It's an album I highly recommend, you can find it here :  https://iwilltakeyouhunting.bandcamp.com/album/dont-go-to-bed-mad-stay-up-and-fight-all-night

  The band have just taken on new management and expect to be gigging nationally soon so watch out for them. 

  This track is called Stop The Rot!... 

I 👀 at u & u 👀 @ me,
I think I’ve thrown away my sanity,
I’m still shaking, falling apart,
I saw the news and I didn’t 😆
All we get are clowns,
All we get our clowns.
No one’s doing anything about it now,
No one’s doing anything about it now.
Stand up & be counted right now!
Stand up & be counted right now!
I 👀 at u & u 👀 @ me,
We don’t share the same identity,
Your so ugly, nasty & lame,
What’s going on in that brain?
All we get are clowns,
All we get our clowns.
No one’s doing anything about it now,
No one’s doing anything about it now.
Stand up & be counted right now!
Stand up & be counted right now!
Stop the rot (x2)
All we get are clowns,
All we get our clowns.
No one’s doing anything about it now,
No one’s doing anything about it now.
Come on.
Fight for your rights,
Protest to survive. (x3)
The systems corrupt democracy’s sour,
Taking your rights and taking your power,
Bastards and thieves, lining they’re pockets,
Where are your eyes, empty sockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment