Sunday 1 November 2020

SLALOM D - Final Girl

  


  So this week's Just Some Punk Songs show is going to be a UK special featuring a bunch of bands you'll probably know and maybe a similar number you don't (it starts later today at 8pm UK time and you can get details here : https://www.facebook.com/events/410835533609039/). 

  One of those bands will be Slalom D. They're a politico-punk outfit from Sunderland and this is what they have to say about themselves; 

SLALOM D burst on to the NE punk scene in 2017 with their incendiary mix of explosive guitars, juggernaut drums and politically-fuelled lyrics. Early gigs quickly generated a loyal fan base which has been growing steadily since: a refreshing mix of young upstarts, original rockers and everything in between, all drawn to the band's obvious respect of what's gone before combined with a boldness to forge something new. A non-stop onslaught of controlled chaos and sinew-stretching harmonies, Slalom D capture the essence of 77, chew it up and spit it out in the face of complacency, bigotry and intolerance: Slalom D are a punk rock band. 

  They've got a new ep. It features 3 tracks, Final Girl, Step Out Of Line and an extended Final Girl dance/dub version. It's the sort of stuff I was hoping to come across when I decided to put together a UK special show. Copies are available for £4 from the Slalom D Facebook page, Hot Rats record store and the Ivy House pub. Virtual copies will be available via Spotify, Apple Music and Bandcamp :  https://slalomd2.bandcamp.com/  

  This is about survival. You know in horror movies, there's always someone who eludes the killer, there's always someone who makes it through to the end. Just like in real life, no matter how grim things look, there's always hope. Hang on in there and you can make it. This is Final Girl... 

....I stumble and fall
But I’m.......I’m still standing tall

All you see is the horror,
my story has no hope at all,
there’s no hope at all

But I’m the last....in the final scene
I’m the last...... yes, mine’s the final scream
I’m the last...... taking on the world
I’m the last...... I’m the final girl

I am the final girl
I am the final girl

I’ll......I’ll keep fighting on
Because I’m...I’m alone and strong

All you see is the horror
My story had hope all along
there’s hope all along

Cos I’m the last....in the final scene
I’m the last...... yes, mine’s the final scream
I’m the last...... taking on your world
I’m the last...... I’m the final girl

I am the final girl x 4

No comments:

Post a Comment