Saturday 5 September 2020

XYLITOL - I Want a Refund



  Hold on to your hats guys, today's song is pretty damn lively.

  Xylitol is a naturally occurring alcohol found in most plant material, including many fruits and vegetables. It's widely used as a sugar substitute and in "sugar-free" chewing gums, mints, and other candies. Supposedly it can also give you bloating and diarrhea and it's very toxic to dogs.

  XYLITOL are also a totally awesome hardcore punk band from Olympia who've previously featured on here with a track from their 2017 ep Is Toxic To Pigs??  https://xylitolband.bandcamp.com/album/is-toxic-to-pigs and their blistering cover of The Jerks' 1977 classic Get Your Woofin' Dog Off Me https://xylitolband.bandcamp.com/track/get-your-woofin-dog-off-me-the-jerks

  They return today with a track from their new ep "I’m Pretty Sure I Would Know If Reality Were Fundamentally Different Than I Perceived It To Be" which is out now on Thrilling Living Records (and what a great year that label's having with releases by CB Radio Gorgeous, Sniffany & The Nits and Special Interest bolstering an already impressive back catalogue)  https://www.thrillingliving.com/.

  The ep boasts 6 shouty blitzkrieg blasts of frantic pogo punk in which the energy never flags and which I'm guessing has left "singer" Laura with shredded vocal chords! Whether she's shouting about her plans to cork up the volcano, plug up the black holes and caulk up all the faultlines or just screaming that she's a crazy frog, she's an unharnessed power of nature that will blow you away. All proceeds go to Black Fem Defense, a Baltimore-based organization that makes self-defense tools and training accessible to Black queer youth. It's available on ltd edition vinyl and digital download :  https://thrillingliving.bandcamp.com/album/i-m-pretty-sure-i-would-know-if-reality-were-fundamentally-different-than-i-perceived-it-to-be-ep

  The entire ep is a highlight but the song I'm posting today is the one that tells us the world is shit. It's titled I Want A Refund...

 DIDN'T CHOSE TO HAVE A NAME
 I WANT A REFUND LIVING IN A TWISTED GAME I WANT A REFUND ALGORITHM POLICE STATE I WANT A REFUND WHY CAN'T I JUST SUBLIMATE? I WANT A REFUND THE WORLD IS SHIT I WANT A REFUND SICK OF IT WANT REFUND EARTH’S A QUICK BURN CIGARETTE I WANT A REFUND NAZIS USE THE INTERNET I WANT A REFUND JUDGES FALL ASLEEP AT NIGHT CAN I HAVE A REFUND LIVING IN A BIG WEBSITE I WANT A REFUND THE WORLD IS SHIT I WANT A REFUND SICK OF IT WANT REFUND $7 CARROT JUICE I WANT A REFUND METADATA SEARCH BAR NOOSE I WANT A REFUND TALK TO TEXT TO FEMA CAMP I WANT A REFUND ENTIRE PHRASE “IS NOT A CRIME” I WANT A REFUND PHILIP K DICK ROBOT I WANT A REFUND FEELS LIKE IT’LL NEVER STOP I WANT A REFUND IMAGE BASED MYOPIA I WANT A REFUND DOPAMINE DYSTOPIA I WANT A REFUND THE WORLD IS SHIT I WANT A REFUND SICK OF IT WANT REFUND

No comments:

Post a Comment