Tuesday 23 January 2018

The Mistakes - Quitters Get Nothing

 

  Poole, Dorset, label Never Be Quiet (NBQ) are building up a small but extremely impressive roster of south coast punk bands. The Mistakes, The Crash Landings and Kill The Colossi (watch out for their upcoming debut album, Herd Mentality) are members of the NBQ family and all three are really, really good. The label is run and owned by The Mistakes' vocalist Ross Sutcliffe and rhythm guitarist Shane Creech and they're about to unleash what promises to be their best release yet, a new album by The Mistakes.

https://www.facebook.com/nbqrecords/

https://shanecreech.wixsite.com/website/shop

  From Poole and influenced by the likes of Rancid, The Clash, Anti Flag etc, The Mistakes also feature James Gould (lead guitar), Richie Blandford (bass guitar) and Lewis Willoughby (drums). They claim to be loud, fast and awesome and though they may have their tongues in their cheeks when they say this, they're right.

  The new album is called Anti Social Media, it's due out on 29th January on all digital media platforms and by mail order and on the evidence of the couple of tracks I've heard it's going to be one of the year's best. You can order it here :    https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1786775878064585/

  From the album, here's a song I can definitely empathize with! It's called Quitters Get Nothing....

My brain boils inside my skull My organs ache from stress and alcohol I can't afford to keep up this charade My soul is in a coma and the flesh is scars I've ran out of love to give I'm a cold hard robot just trying to live I'm get by doing what I can I'm a 9-5 working class man Living in my overdraft no money of my own I break my back and work my fingers to the bone A basic wage don't get you a mortgage for your home We'll keep on keeping on because that's the way it is As long as Evies. got food in the fridge Quitter Quitter Quitter quitters get nothing Don't thrown your cards in, life could be bluffing Quitter Quitter Quitter Quitters get nothing At all The poison builds And fills my veins We need a break But I can't pay We can't afford To be alive My soul is triple mortgaged And there's tax due on my heart I'm all out of fucks to give You can't keep on driving When your cars repossessed I can't keep on doing what I am I'm at 24/7 risk of heart attack Maxed out on my overdraft Turned down for every loan Can't afford to leave the house To get to the grindstone A basic wage means basically Your life is not your own And you know you've got it rough When your rent keeps going up While your basic pay stays static And your over time is cut So what it's five pound a pint When you can't afford to eat And you pay the bedroom tax On a home you'll never own And your credit card is straining So take another pay day loan And then you take a second job Just to keep from walking the streets
 


No comments:

Post a Comment