Thursday 31 August 2017

South Class Veterans - For Hire (demo)

 

  Here's something most of you won't have heard before from a new band called South Class Veterans. I just got sent the link to a couple of demo songs from this new street punk/oi band from New Jersey (cheers Gerry!). Featuring members of bands such as One4One, Oxblood and Thick As Thieves (Dan, Scott, Sean, Gregg) they've premiered 2 demo tracks so far with the promise of two more to follow. You can check them out for free on Bandcamp....  https://southclassveterans.bandcamp.com/releases

  Nothing much on Facebook so far but give them a like and you'll be able to keep an eye on their progress https://www.facebook.com/Southclassveterans/

  Both of the released songs are great so give them a listen, I'm pretty confident we'll be hearing a lot more from this band.  I'll post the first one below, it's one I can certainly relate to, this is For Hire....

I wake each day, at the crack of down only to do whats right. 
I've got to pay the bills on time each month to make sure I have heat and lights 
I get to hear my boss bitch and complain about his wonderful life 
trying to stay a float on a minimal wage is slavery outright 

But that line at the clock is forming 
punch the card and leave it behind. 
Once that door closes, out of sight,out of mind. 
Ready for the weekend 
it took its precious time, 
gonna rage until the tank is dry cuz monday morning its back to the grind. 

Every week its just the same old thing, its got my mind in a mess. 
I do my work plus the guy's they fired and its building on my stress 
I've got a bomb inside that is filled with pride and they're not gonna break this man, 
because i need this job for the house I hold, I'm just a cog in their master plan 

But that line at the clock is forming 
punch the card and leave it behind. 
Once that door closes, out of sight,out of mind. 
Ready for the weekend 
it took its precious time 
gonna rage until the tank is dry cuz monday morning its back to the grind 

I wake each day at the crack of down and I head right out the door 
to a job I hate, what kind of life is this, growing old, tired and sore 
I get to hear my boss bitch and complain about whatever he pleases 
im just a south class vet, yes the working poor, in a world of endless greed


No comments:

Post a Comment