Sunday 30 March 2014

Stiff Little Fingers - My Dark Places



Today's song is the 100th posted since the blog started at the end of December, hopefully a few of you have discovered some great music and some new bands. I doubt anyone will be discovering a new band today, as for the 100th song I'm choosing one of my all time favourite bands. I bought their first album when it was originally released in 1979 and have seen them live many times since. 2014 sees the release of their long awaited new album, No Going Back, I am of course talking about Stiff Little Fingers. The Belfast band formed in 1977 and apart from a few years in the 80's have been active ever since, their current line up being Jake Burns, Ali McMordie, Steve Grantley and Ian McCallum. This song, My Dark Places, which is Jake's personal account of the depression he suffered following his divorce, shows that they've not lost the ability to pen a classic tune.....

No comments:

Post a Comment