Sunday 28 July 2024

Johnny Flamingo - The Judge

  


  Anyone remember my friend from Belgium, Dirk Ceustermans? He used to pop up on here on occasion a few years back with the odd review of bands (mainly) from his own country. Well I got a message from him yesterday saying Hey Mick how's you? I cant review this one for you. 

  The reason he couldn't review it is because it's his own band. They're based in Zaventem and they're called Johnny Flamingo (https://www.facebook.com/groups/3127315880616798). They recently released a Self Titled ep and you can find it on Bandcamp as a name your price download. 

  There's also a few vinyl copies if you check the band's Facebook page.


   Anyway, I replied to him, "of course you can't review yourself Dirk, that would be ridiculous. But if you want to send me some info I'll see if I can do anything." 

  So this is what he wrote...

  Mick’s a funny lad, tells me to review my own release… We’re just a bunch lazy old farts living in Belgium that been doing this for 5 years now. Ok there was the Covid days that put things on a halt so there’s a lame excuse for having a 7” out after this long a period. We rehearse in Zaventem, a small town next to the Brussels airport, so we have to turn up everything real loud. We got Benny who loves his dealer, Stefan who's never on top of things, Dummo trying to hold it together and me complaining all the time. I could namecheck some of our previous glorious attempts to fame but that is irrelevant. The thing is, the one with the least under his belt is the most talented imho. Some say his voice sounds like Lee of the Spermbirds, others shout Jello, to us he’s just our singer doing what he likes. We cancel 3 out of 4 offers for shows because we’re rockstars and don’t want to play in little shitty dumps really. I think we’re going to hit the jackpot with our next one, it always has to be the second release innit? These songs are recorded in rehearsal spaces and this release is 100% diy. Lots of ppl helped luckily or this would take another 5 years to see the light. Curious which track Mick will pick.

  The track I've picked is called The Judge...

No comments:

Post a Comment