Thursday 11 July 2024

Hellscape - Dybbuk (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  Well the hinting in yesterday's update worked. Over to you Ralph...

So 2024 has definitely turned into the year of "Female Fronted" bands. It could be Modern Punk/Hardcore or even New Wave, Garage Rock or Noise Rock. Women are making their mark these days stronger than ever. Pretty much ALL my favorite releases this year have a female presence. SO this amazing Demo/EP dropped on my birthday & I can't stop listening to it.


"Hellscape" from London have managed to absorb everything great about 80's Death-Rock & Los Angeles style Hardcore. After listening to this 3 times in a row I had to order the vinyl! This is going to be a future classic! Their singer "Ciara" has studied all the greats and can hold her own as one of the best new Punk vocalists. Their guitar player "Ben" has also done his homework as his riffs instantly made me want to pick up my guitar! The rythmn section is on par with vintage 45 Grave! 6 songs that you'll want to listen to over & over. Dig this song - "Dybbuk" and see if you can recognize where that intro came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment