Wednesday 20 March 2024

Fresh - Merch Girl

  


  Tuneful London emo punks Fresh (https://www.facebook.com/freshpunks) have been turning out some of the best pop punk ditties for the best part of a decade and their excellent new single has been blasting out of my headphones several times this morning. 

  The band line up with Kathryn Woods (guitar/vocals), Joely Smith (guitar/vocals), George Phillips (bass/vocals/percussion) & Daniel Goldberg (drums) and they've a new ep out on April 19th. You can find more details here : https://freshpunks.bandcamp.com/album/merch-girl

  This is the title track, it's an earworm about aspiration. Don't just watch from the sidelines, get out there and do it yourself. It's called Merch Girl... 

Standing at the back of the room Wishing I could do what they do After all, I could play that guitar part better I could hit those drums much harder I could sing that song far louder But I’m just a merch girl I’m tired of living like this Letting people talk over me for years and years and year and years Gonna start doing things my way Gonna write a song with a voice so strong it knocks you sideways I’m not just a merch girl

No comments:

Post a Comment