Sunday 26 November 2023

Lothario - KING RAT

  


  I like the taste of fresh meat...


  I've just noticed. We're almost into December. I'd better start thinking about the song of the year list. It's gonna be harder then ever this year as there's been so much great music released. There's also been a seemingly endless torrent of new bands making a mark. One of those features today.

  Lothario burst on to the scene in June with a single I featured here :  https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2023/06/lothario-drunk-fuck.html

  It's pretty much a solo project out of Melbourne headed up by Annaliese Redlich who's aided by a few friends. Rob Craig (Buck Biloxi) featured on drums for the debut single and he's back on new single Hogtied. The track I'm highlighting today though is the flipside and that boasts an appearance by Billiam. If lo-fi garage goodness is your thing then you can find it here :  https://lotharioxx.bandcamp.com/album/hogtied-king-rat-single

  This is King Rat...

You got the game so play with me
I'll fall down at your feet
I've never been so hungry
I like the taste of fresh meat
Bloated, blue, dead and drowned - you are the king rat
I'll wear your death just like a crown - you are the king rat
A life of playing hide and seek
Holding the disease
Instinct extinct her nature pleads
Get ready for that meat
Get down grimy gutter tease - you are the king rat
A poisonous kind a pest to please - you are the king rat
Ever present close to me and now I'm on my knees
Washed up dead on the shore, cast off bottom feed
But sharpened teeth that pest aside are much more than dead meat
I wake in sweat, terror to tease, I see you in my dreams
I while awake to taste the fat I know that you know me
Enter the ways to count the days till the throning

No comments:

Post a Comment