Monday 25 January 2021

Fox Face - Slow Burn (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  

[photo by Cole Juntila]

Since they dropped their demo tape back in 2013 Fox Face (https://www.facebook.com/foxfacemke) has been on my radar. In 2016 they released a 3 song EP called "Teen Wiccan". So that instantly got my attention. Since then this Milwaukee, Wisconsin band have been in the same place with me as White Lung. A completely unique band with female vocals and a guitar player that sounds like no one else!

In these days of endless Pop Punk bands all regurgitating the same chords and bands trying to recapture the Post Punk sounds of the 80's it's refreshing to hear a band that are blazing their own trail. 2017's "Spoil And Destroy" album was amazing. But nothing prepared me for the absolute uniqueness that was going to be "End Of Man". THIS is what we're looking for and this is what we NEED in 2021! Bands writing their own music that sounds like nothing else! I absolutely LOVE this band and if you wrap your head around this - I'm sure you will too!

End Of Man is available from Dirtnap Records : https://dirtnaprecords.bandcamp.com/album/fox-face-end-of-man

  This is my choice of songs to post, it's called Slow Burn... 

No comments:

Post a Comment