Saturday 23 January 2021

Nervous Tick and The Zipper Lips - Surrounded By Monsters

    


  Usually at the start of a new year I set up a folder on my pc titled Best Of The Year so that I can stick my favourite releases in it as the months progress thus (hopefully) ensuring that by the time I compile the annual Just Some Punk Songs chart I don't forget anything. I've just set up the Best Of 2021 folder and today's song is sitting pretty in it. 

  Hailing from Buffalo, New York, the splendidly named Nervous Tick and The Zipper Lips, the brainchild of Eric 'Biff' Bifaro, announced themselves in 2017 with a Self Titled demo ep. Whizz forward to 2020 and in an attempt to show that creativity can still exist in these uncertain times they released a split ep with Science Man titled The Corvid Collaborations : Vol I. This was swiftly followed by Vol II which was a joint affair with Ricky Hell. A busy year was rounded off in October with a 7 track cassette titled Something's Gotta Bleed which was released by cool Turkish label Kafadan Kontak. 

  2021 looks as though it'll be just as productive as we've already been treated to The Covid Collaborations Vol III which this time around also featured Obsoletism and saw Biff aided by Robbie Brake. It's 3 tracks per band and it's a whole bunch of eggy fun so grab it here  https://nervoustick.bandcamp.com/album/the-covid-collaborations-vol-iii (all Nervous Tick releases are name your price so fill your boots). 

  This track stands out from an impressive selection of songs (vocally reminding me a little of Stuart by The Dead Milkmen but with a livelier backbeat ???) and it's called Surrounded By Monsters...  

No comments:

Post a Comment