Thursday 4 June 2020

Faux Depart - Brûlé



  Faux Départ are a 3 piece from Lyon who line up with Vincent (drums), Telly (bass) and Pascal (vocals/guitar). I know very little about them but I recently had a listen to their second album Vie Ordinaire and was very impressed. They sing in their native tongue and although there aren't any lyrics online for me to set Google translator to work on the musicianship is definitely good enough to draw me in. They play tight and angular post punk sung by a vocalist who sounds as though he'd be equally at home in a street punk or oi band and even if I didn't know what the songs were about I was happy enough just nodding my head and tapping my feet to some killer tunes.

  The album came out in January on Destructure Records (and what a great back catalogue that label is building up with releases from the likes of Litige, Bombardement, Youth Avoiders, Bleakness etc...)   http://www.destructure.org/store/faux-depart-vie-ordinaire-lp

  It's also on Bandcamp : https://echocanyonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/echo-035-faux-depart-vie-ordinaire

  The song I'm highlighting today is called Brûlé...


No comments:

Post a Comment