Sunday 28 April 2019

Hetze - Selfish (Review By Dirk Ceustermans)

(photo : Gwinny Punk)

  Another review by Dirk Ceustermans today of a band I was previously unaware of so thanks to him for introducing them to me.

HETZE - SELFISH 

taken from BEDBUGS (june 2018)

https://hetze.bandcamp.com/track/selfish

  3 ladies and a bloke from 2 different towns in Belgium teamed up to form the noiziest girl fronted band in Belgium that I know of. Hetze can be best translated as witch-hunt or agitation, and I believe they couldn't have found a better name for the music they create.

  Eva's vocals just rip through the blasting guitars, while the drums pound faultless beats with neat breaks, occasional backings of a high pitched voice makes it even scarier at moments. Damn I love this release from start to end.

  I chose selfish, as it makes me think of the days I was toying with the idea of starting a family.
Questions popped up in my brains back then (over 20 years ago) whether it is ok to put kids onto a world like this. In the end me and my then wife were SELFISH, and I regret nothing about that at all!!! har har.

  I haven't had the opportunity to catch them live, but listened to their release numerous times for while now. Although released already last summer, this -as so many other bands - was kept well under my radar. Yup, I'm lazy! Thank god there's Facebook friends getting bands like this one to my attention.

  11 furious tracks gathered on a plastic slab baptised "Bedbugs" and brought to you by a cooperation of the labels:
Loner Cult records - nico.vuur@gmail.com 
Emergence records - vincemergence@hotmail.com 
Up the Punx Records - upthepunxrecords@gmail.com 
Fucking Kill Records - killchris70@googlemail.com 
ZAS Autoproduzioni Records - zasrec@libero.it

  This is Selfish...

are we scared to be lonely 
is there an urge to reproduce 
commit to nature not humanity 
don’t worry and watch the news 

world population is out of control 

enough people in this world 
don’t drag someone in this misery 
a kid is not a band aid 
to fix and solve your tragedy

No comments:

Post a Comment