Monday 1 April 2019

Flinch - Breathe



  Flinch are a melodic hardcore band from Novi Sad, Serbia, featuring Jovan (vocals), Nikola (bass/vocals), Ognjen (guitar/vocals), Pavel (drums) and Nina (guitar). Those of you that really pay attention may recognise some of those names as the band were previously called Against The Odds and a song by them featured on here in 2017 (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2017/09/against-odds-from-kids.html). As guitarist Nina Zvezdin says, "We changed the name of the band but it's pretty much the same crew. There have been a lot of line up changes over the years and it's a completely different sound than it was 6 years ago when we started. A name change was long overdue."

  Their new ep, Ask For Help, was released in February and is suitably shouty and hard hitting. The 4 tracks on the ep seem to focus on those times when you're struggling mentally. Lyrics include "Is anyone listening? Can you hear the muted screams?" / "I know I can do it but I don't want to all alone." / "I've been running scared all my life."etc. I guess that's why it's titled Ask For Help. Anyway, you can download it name your price here :  https://flinchhc.bandcamp.com/

  There's also a limited edition run of tapes available from Underground Disco Beočin

  This is the opening track, it's called Breathe...

Breathe, 
With short quick breaths, 
Heart rate skyrocketing like a weight on my chest, 
I can’t face society, anxiety consumes my life. 

Water burning down your throat, 
While heat drowns out your insides, 
Is this what it’s supposed to feel like, 
Or have I just lost my mind? 

Is anybody listening? 
Can you hear the muted screams? 
Are you listening? 

Let’s raise the stakes, 
Not like it matters it’s only one life. 
Is it bad or just getting worse? 
"It’s not over before it’s too late" 
That’s what they think will keep you calm, 
Nothing will cost you more. 

Breathe, 
Take the weight off your chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment