Saturday 12 October 2024

For I Am - Jack Shit (His Pants) (Guest Review By Dirk Ceustermans)

  


  For I Am - Jack Shit (Shit His Pants) - from The Righteous & The Wicked LP (Bearded Punk Records, Double Helix Records).


  Well, I wanted to share this Antwerp band with the world. Honestly it is not exactly my cup of tea.
I just bumped into this band when I was on lookout for some poppy punk for my friend in Canada.

  So I knew exactly where to check: Bearded Punk Records, a label that specializes in melodic hardcore and punk. I found a few options for my mate (I owed him for a trade): some of my preferred bands - Bruce and The Priceduifkes - and this For I Am record that I checked out and just knew he was going to like.

  Despite my preference for amateurism and near miss hi-fi recordings, I must say I listened to this bunch a few times. There is some heavy metallic stuff in their material, and honestly, objectively, this record is one hell of a production too. Count in the very strong vocal parts of Luna Terweduwe and you can be assured this won't go unnoticed.





  This song is called Jack Shit (His Pants)...

You don’t have a clue about what to do
In this sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky situation
Well, as you go you make the rules
We’re in a state of deprivation
Don’t think you know what you’re doing at all
In fact you know…
Jack shit!
Your campaign is one big sales pitch
Your p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-policy is full of choices
That only serve to aid the rich
Ignoring all of our voices
Don’t think you know what you’re doing at all
In fact you know…
Don’t think you know what you’re doing at all
In fact you know…
Jack shit!
Promises. Well, cross your heart and hope to die.


No comments:

Post a Comment