Monday 23 September 2024

Itches - Master Of Time (Guest Review By Dirk Ceustermans)

  


Itches - Master Of Time taken from Two Flies In One Clap 12" (UhmYeahSure Records & Ronny Rex)

  "The band’s sound is infused with cheap canned alcoholic beverages, resulting in a perfect blend of wild garage poppiness, 60s freakbeat, primal punk, and most of all, heavyweight jangle."  

Well, no need for me to say more. This garage punk gem was recorded by Rafael Valles Hilario, mastermind behind the Belly Button label and recording engineer; multi instrumentalist in various ongoing or no longer going bands. (I really recommend to check MOAR and Tuff Guac!).


By the looks of it I failed to discover their first 12" (Kingdom Upstairs, 2022) but this new release came to my attention when the label Ronny Rex used a little more media to announce their products. In fact I try to check most stuff this label brings out, they have a fantastic catalogue of releases. 

Opening track Master Of Time blends garage punk with a fantastic groove that moves into a psyched solo break before returning back into that jangly 

Can't wait to get my grubby hands on this vinyl!





No comments:

Post a Comment