Sunday 17 November 2019

Ex-White - Hooray Henry



  Punks dead? Bollocks to that guvnor! There's so much great music out there if you look around. I'd never heard of Ex-White till recently and I know very little about them, but their album Disco is somewhat of a revelation. 9 tracks of whacked out punk that gets under your skin and demands repeat plays. It's available on cassette as a joint release from Pifia Records, Phantom Records, Ubac and Bleacher Records and it's also a name your price download on Bandcamp :   https://bleacherrecords.bandcamp.com/album/disco-cs

  The info given is that it's self-recorded by "Fry" (the new Alter Ego of Fireball aka Jonas from Russe). There's name your price eps by both Russe and Fireball on that Bandcamp link. I think they're from Germany. And that's about all I can dredge up on them but who cares, the music can speak for itself.

  I'm going to play BeachBoyKiller on this week's show (tonight at 8pm gmt if anyone fancies listening to an hour of cool new punk releases :   https://www.facebook.com/events/481679592700819/) so today I'll highlight the song they made a video for (I suppose it'd be rude not to). This is Hooray Henry...

No comments:

Post a Comment