Friday 21 September 2018

Flanders 72 - Nineties



  Some of you may have noticed that Sunday's Just Some Punk Songs show is going to be another pop punk special. The last one from a couple of months ago went down well and I've had requests to do another so I'll be playing a different bunch of bands (28 in total) and you can find details here :  https://youtu.be/Vf5lYy2s1dA  It'll be a mix of older songs with a few new releases sprinkled in, one of those new releases being by the band I'm featuring today.

 Flanders 72 are a Ramones influenced 3 piece from Sao Leopoldo who have just released their 4th album. They line up with Paulinho (vocals/guitar), Davi Pacote (bass/vocals) and Big Mike (drums), the new album is titled This Is A Punk Rock Club and like their previous releases it's on Bandcamp :  https://flanders72.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-a-punk-rock-club

  You can get more info here : https://www.facebook.com/Flanders72/

  This Is A Punk Rock Club is great fun, the songs are catchy, the influences are obvious and the production is pretty much spot on for this genre. Some songs are more serious than others but they're all a blast. If you were introduced to punk in the 90's then I think you'll appreciate this song. Check out the lyrics and see if you recognise your formative years. Even though Flanders 72 are from Brazil, the punk scene is global so wherever you grew up you'll have the same fondness for a healthy and vibrant scene as they have. It'll be a different song on Sunday's show but today you're getting a nostalgic look back, this is Nineties...

I remember walking down the streets
playing my walkman again and again
side A Nimrod, Side B Smash
I also had Mxpx on cassette

Going to school early in the morning was all I had to do
Enjoying the whole day with my friends
no worries about life yeah

Would you like to come back to the 90's?
enjoy at least one entire day
Would you like to come back to the 90's with me?

When I was a teenager, I didn't care about math
I used to spent my time writing band's names on the desk
I wanted to be like Joe Queer, Joey Ramone, Billie Joe
and be in a band

Damn god we are getting old
Some of us got grumpy and bald
I wish I could come back in time
to have again the time of life


to the 90's
91 "My brain hurts"
92 "Mondo bizarro"
93 "Love Songs for the Retarded"
94 "Dookie"
95 "And Out Come the Wolves"
96 "Life in General"
97 "So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes"
98 "Americana"
99 the end of an era


No comments:

Post a Comment