Thursday 6 September 2018

CB Radio Gorgeous - Summer Skies

 

  Usually I only decide on the day which song I'm going to post but if I come across something I really like I'll save the video on here as a draft so that I don't forget to share it. Occasionally a song will drop down the page and in a case of out of sight out of mind I'll forget about it anyway. Today's song is one I played on the show a while back and thought I'd posted on here but it was still sat around as a draft so I better shape up, find something to write about it and see if there's anyone that hasn't yet heard it....

  CB Radio Gorgeous are from Chicago, Illinois and a few months back released the Plays CB Radio Gorgeous ep on local label Not Normal Tapes. I thought the 100 hand etched white cassettes would have probably been snapped up by now but a check on the Bandcamp page shows them still for sale so who knows? You can still get it digitally anyway...  https://notnormaltapes.bandcamp.com/album/nnt-062-cb-radio-gorgeous-plays-cb-radio-gorgeous

  The band features members from numerous other bands such as Forced Into Feminiinity, Red Delicious, Big Zit, Negative Scanner etc and vocalist Anna Kinderman's destinctive vocals help them stand out from most of their contemporaries. Fast, frantic and off kilter, they're definitely worth checking out. This is the opening track, Summer Skies...


No comments:

Post a Comment