Sunday 9 April 2017

Joe Zero - Rock 'n' Roll Wars

 

  I seem to have featured all the singles that former Victim frontman Joe Zero has put out in the run up to the release of his new solo album, The Eternity Man and I was in two minds whether or not to risk oversaturating the blog with Joe Zero songs but as this final one is the best yet I think I should go with it.

  This time round Joe's taking us for a stroll through the history of rock n roll cramming in a number of namechecks for the likes of The Kinks, The Buzzcocks, Iggy Pop, The Beatles, T Rex, The Ramones ( Gabba Gabba Hey!) etc..... It's a real love letter to rock music's past. He finishes things off with his best Elvis impression.

  There's one thing that's for sure, the album is gonna be a diverse collection of material and I'm guessing he'll be playing several songs from it when he performs on the acoustic stage at this year's Rebellion Festival.

 This is Rock 'n' Roll Wars.....

Who remembers the first time,
Back in 1956
Then the Beatles and the Stones, T.Rex,
Sex Pistols, Cramps...Stay Sick


They tried to thrill us Using their guitars as guns... That's why I love Rock 'n... That's why I love Rock 'n... That's why I love Rock 'n' Roll!

Elvis was the King Elect
Ramones were Princes too
Then there was the Clash, the Damned,
Buzzcocks, the Kinks, the Who (and U2).

Who can forget the Starman
...he changed the lives of me and you
And Iggy, Lou and Jimi...
Plus the Morrisons-there were two


They tried to thrill us Using their guitars as guns... That's why I love Rock 'n... That's why I love Rock 'n... That's why I love Rock 'n' Roll!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment