Thursday 13 June 2024

Zatopeks - Fine Sunny Day

 


  London punk veterans Zatopeks (https://www.facebook.com/zatopeksband) formed in 2001 and haven't exactly been the most prolific of bands in recent times (it looks as though it's been a decade since they last released anything) but happily they're gearing up to unleash their 4th album Loitering and Sauntering which will be on on Stardumb Records.

  To get us all excited, they've dropped a single and it more than does the job. The line up is Will DeNiro (vocals), Sebby Zatopek (guitar), Spider (lead guitar), Sammie the Giant (bass/backing vocals),  Pete Sematary (drums/percussion) & Jo Mangled (backing vocals). The music is catchy, crunchy pop punk that'll have you singing along. You can find it here :                                 https://zatopeks.bandcamp.com/track/fine-sunny-day-2

  It's inspired by Sophie Scholl, a German student and anti-Nazi political activist, active within the White Rose non-violent resistance group in Nazi Germany. She was convicted of high treason after having been found distributing anti-war leaflets at the University of Munich with her brother, Hans. Read more about her here : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57008360

  It's called Fine Sunny Day...

Such a fine sunny day and I’ve got to go
If I had it my way I’d have years left, but no
It’s a fine sunny day and I’ve got to go

They’ve got the judges, they’ve got the police
I bear no grudges, I’ve got true belief

I’ve got to go away for ever and ever
Don’t cry for yesterday

A kick to the head and a shock to the hand
Is what they call justice in my screwed-up land
It’s a fine sunny day and I’ve got to go

I’ve got to go away for ever and ever
Don’t cling to yesterday

They’ve got the darkness and they’ve got the cold
They’ve got no wisdom and they’ve got no soul
It’s a fine sunny day and I’ve got to go

No comments:

Post a Comment