Thursday 12 March 2020

Primo! - Perfect Paper



  Damn! Today's song is a deceptively enticing little number. I actually listened to it last week whilst checking out a few new releases and I sort of didn't really take much notice and moved onto the next cab on the rank. Then today I saw that the Upset The Rhythm Twitter account were recommending I checked out a new song by Es that had been uploaded to Soundcloud. Being a fan I followed their recommendation and enjoyed the song and as I was browsing the interweb I let the Soundcloud player carry on in the background only to soon have my interest grabbed by an hypnotic, slightly familiar sound. It was the song I'd not really paid much attention to last week and it was luring me onto the rocks like the sweetest of Sirens. Can I recommend you give it your full attention....

  Primo! are a post punk band from Melbourne with a line up of Suzanne Walker, Violetta Del Conte-Race, Xanthe Waite and recent recruit Amy Hill. They also feature in several other bands including Constant Mongrel, Terry and The Shifters. They released a cassette in 2016 and a debut album titled Amici in 2018; sophomore album Sogni will be out on April 17th on vinyl via Antifade (AU) and Upset The Rhythm (UK). There's a couple of tracks streaming on Bandcamp, teaser single Best And Fairest is also really good which suggests we're in for a great album. Today however you're getting the other song, it reminds me a little of classic Swiss band Kleenex/Liliput at their most serene and it's called Perfect Paper...


No comments:

Post a Comment