Monday 6 January 2014

Dan Vapid and the Cheats "I Wanna Go To Machu Picchu Before I Die"

Punk music and sci fi have both been entwined seemingly forever, ever since The Rezillos had to cope with a Flying Saucer Attack and decided on Destination Venus. My favourite pop punk album, The Lillingtons - Death By Television, certainly had more than it's fair share of moments that concerned saucermen and ape men on the moon.

From 2013, my favourite album cover was from Dan Vapid And The Cheats' second album, snappily entitled "Two." It was a great album containing plenty of pop punk classics. This was my favourite....

The days are long but the years are short 
and they all keep adding up 
time slips by like a blink of an eye and I'd rather have experiences than stuff 
Lately it seems like people keep dropping off like flies 
I wanna go to Machu Picchu before I die 

Let's go to O'hare and grab the next flight to Peru 
Go high up in the mountains with ruins and a view 
Lately it seems like people keep dropping off like flies 
I wanna go to Machu Picchu before i die




No comments:

Post a Comment