Saturday 13 July 2019

Ramona - Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Hearts

 

  Now here's an energetic bundle of pop punk tunage...

  Ramona formed in Seattle before the lure of cheap drinks lured them to Philadelphia. This led to them gigging with the likes of The Lawrence Arms, The Menzingers, Teenage Bottlerocket, Iron Chic and Toys That Kill. Probably no surprise then that the band's new album is getting plenty of attention. The fact that it's very good no doubt also helps.

  They're a 3 piece with both male and female vocals, the line up being Diego Merano (guitar/vocals), Abby Vickderman (bass/vocals) and Shannon Ledbetter (drums). The new album is titled Deals, Deals, Deals! and whilst still meriting the tag pop punk it's the sound of a band beefing up their sound a little. There's noticeably more oomph than was present on 2016 debut ep Sad Brunch, all their gigging has helped transform them into a much tighter proposition. It's available from Red Scare (https://www.redscare.net/site/) and a few tracks are streaming on Bandcamp...  https://ramonamusic.bandcamp.com/album/deals-deals-deals

  You can get more info on the band here : https://www.facebook.com/Ramona206/

  This is one of the songs that features Abby on lead vocals and the title is eye-catchingly great. Happily the song itself is also great. It's called Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Hearts...

It’s all in my mind when you invite me inside,
weighed with past mistakes, so afraid to try.
You smell the same, you haven’t changed.
Repeating moves we used to make.

And I wonder if you’re thinking about it too.
And I wonder if you’re thinking about me too.

Falling far down the rabbit hole,
hoping maybe this will make me whole.
You slip right in, I’m breaking under weight.
Running through a loop of past mistakes.

Devastated, our separation, I know we always part this way.
While I’m hoping, that you’re staying, you’re always walking away.
And I’m hoping that you’re thinking about it too.
And I’m hoping that you’re thinking about me too.

Now you’ve left, I can’t stop dreaming of death.
Lie in my bed, clutch the hole in my chest.
And thrash around in a fitful rest.
Better to remember or forget?

And I know that you’re thinking about it too.
And I know that you’re thinking about me too.

Now I know that you’re thinking about it too.
Now I know that you’re thinking about me too


No comments:

Post a Comment