Wednesday 13 January 2021

Lettermans - Surfs Up (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

     


  Ralph returns today to sing the praises of a band that he thinks everyone should hear. They're a 4 piece pop punk band called Lettermans (https://www.facebook.com/LettermansOfficial) and they've been around for a couple of years. They released their debut album towards the end of 2020 and though it escaped my attention until Ralph started raving about it, I'm now a convert. 

  Over to Ralph... 

  So after 2 amazing EP's, Philadelphia's favourite sons of Pop Punk have dropped their full length CD "It's Not Me, It's You". Back in February of 2020 before everything went to hell I watched these guys and Radio Blast hold their own against scene veterans!  I became an instant fan and let me tell you this - THIS is not your standard Pop Punk! This album blends obvious Beach Boys influences with more traditional Power Pop leanings to make it a stand out in the field. You got amazing songs like "How Could She" and "To Be A Gentleman" but being the Surf Punk I am I'm gonna post the video for "Surf's Up" because it just flat out rules!




  You can get the album on vinyl from Punk Head Records https://punkheadrecords.com/ and it's also available digitally : https://lettermansofficial.bandcamp.com/album/its-not-me-its-you 

  Accompanied by a fun video (good looking young people having fun at the beach with sunshine aplenty looks so inviting when your stuck indoors due to Covid induced lockdown), this is one hell of an earworm. Surfs Up... 


No comments:

Post a Comment