Sunday 3 January 2021

Headlice - Nit Comb

  



   Leave My Nits Alone...

  I don't think I've made any secret of the fact that I think much of the best punk music in recent times has been coming out of Australia so I'm always trying to keep an eye on up and coming new bands from Down Under and one release I'm particularly looking forward to is a debut 7" ep titled Vol. 1 from Brisbane synth punks Headlice. I noticed them popping up on gig posters for cool bands such as The Chats, Dennis Cometti and The Unknowns and decided to check them out. 

  I've not unearthed much info on them yet but did find this snippet... "their snotty brand of synth punk can be blamed on the Spits, Jay Reatard, and Ausmuteants. Although a relatively new band, Headlice have begun making a name for themselves locally through high-energy live shows and allegedly mugging fans outside gigs."

  

  Boasting titles such as Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation, I Hope You Get Injured & Bomb In My Backpack and going off the evidence of the track that features below, there's really no way the ep can be anything less than wonderful. As well as 7" vinyl, it'll be available on cassette and as a digital download. You can check it out here : https://headlice1.bandcamp.com/album/vol-1 


  This is joyously fast and frantic (and a little bonkers) and it's called Nit Comb... 
    

1 comment: